[WriteLog] RTTY Tuning with the FT1000D

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Tuning with the FT1000D
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:06:15 EST
Thanks to all of you that responded to my question on using the 500 and 250
hz filters with the FT1000D on RTTy using AFSK.

Several of you mention that I should run the SHIFT control at about 9:00 to
move the RTTY tones back into the passband.  At first that didn't work but then
I noticed I had the WIDTH control turned all the way counter-clockwise.  Once
I turned that back to normal, the filters worked great (with the SHIFT around
9:00)  and I am now able to print consistently with the filters in.

I also changed from WINRTTY to MMTTY which really seemed to help too.

Thanks again for all your help.  This reflector is great.

73,

AL, K0AD