Re: [WriteLog] An answer for K6VVA & Note to Wayne

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] An answer for K6VVA & Note to Wayne
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 05:27:05 -0800
Ian White, G3SEK commented:

George Johnson wrote:
>Yes, Whitey, K1VV wrote a procedure he used to record, edit, and time
>"squeeze" wav files for contest use with WriteLog.  Several people have
>tried it with some success.  The results reflect the amount of time you
>would be willing to put into the editing process.  I thought I had seen
>it on the K9JY web site but I didn't find it just now.  It was in a
>YCCC publication.

Thanks, George - you were right in every detail. The article is now part
of a very large page about "auto messaging" on the K9JY site, at:

http://www.k9jy.com/WriteLog%20Windows/auto_messaging.htm

Click on "How to *Really* automate SSB messages".

They've made it so simple - Windows Sound Recorder and your transceiver
are all the tools you need.

Ian:

I must have missed George's post, so THANK YOU...because in the article I discovered that a 'hook' is already in WL to look for more-than-one-digit serial number .wav files and play them if they exist (reference the 40.wav vs. 4.wav PLUS 0.wav example.

Now, if we can just get one small tweak to WL (using the same or similar programming logic that exists to handle the serial number), this will open up "New Horizons" to those of us willing to take .wav file voice-keying greatly b-e-y-o-n-d the current robotic sounding level.

This would be a tremendous leap forward.

(Note to Wayne): If you don't want to make this minor mod for the General WL release, how much would you charge me to put this callsign capability in MY copy of WL? (Umh, if you later end up incorporating it into a General release...well, then a refund would probably be appropriate :-)

Thank you.

73...

Rick, K6VVA