Re: [WriteLog] RTTY RU problems

To: aa5au@bellsouth.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY RU problems
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:48:06 EST
aa5au@bellsouth.net writes:
The problem here is you set the timer too low in the auto-CQ window.  Remember
that the amount of time entered is the time from the beginning of one CQ to
the
beginning of the next CQ.  So try a larger number.  I usually use 9 or 10 if I
have a short CQ message.  ESC should stop the auto-CQ.
Many have responded directly to me with the same reply; Including the part
about using 9 or 10 for the spacing...

After I posted this (during the contest) I couldn't get it to screw up again.
i.e. If I pressed a key the CQ would stop.
I finally (accidently) figured out what I did wrong.
The cursor HAS to be in the QSO Entry window. If it's not then WL seems to
ignore the keyboard.... Lesson learned.
Thanks for all of the suggestions and help. This reflector is just full of
really cool folks that cheerfully help their competitors learn this FB software
and improve their scores. My hat would be off to all y'all, if I wore a hat.

BTW - I use 2.2 to 2.6 for spacing on short CQs. Works fine. 9 or 10 seems
like it would be forever between CQs, but I haven't tried it (yet).

73 and thanks again,
Don - K4BEV