[WriteLog] Re: Trouble with COM2

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble with COM2
From: "John Griswold" <kb1hdo@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:40:59 -0500
A few days ago I wrote about problems I was having with WriteLog and COM2
talking to my radio. I won't go through a blow-by-blow (email me if you want
that), but it boils down to me using one of the add-on ports as COM2. It seems
that certain programs, WriteLog apparently in that group, don't like COM1,
COM2, COM3, and COM4 being mapped in from a PCI bus card.

I moved WriteLog to COM1 which was on the motherboard, made the PCI card COM5
and COM6, and moved my other devices (PSKMeter and PSK control of PTT) to COM5
and COM6, and everything seems to be working nicely.

It would be nice if WriteLog could use COM ports beyond COM4.

I also have to comment that the RTTY contesters have been the nicest group I've
played with yet - one ham is going to arrange a sked so I can get Hawaii for
WAS, and another sent out a bunch of web links that he though would be helpful
to new RTTY guys. Pretty classy - thanks.

73,
John / KB1HDO

( P.S. So a contest exchange of "hiscall hiscall de mycall 599 ma massachusetts
the wx hr is cold/windy and the rig is icom ic706mkiig running 10w how copy?
btu hiscall de mycall" would be right out? ;)