Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble with COM2

To: John Griswold <kb1hdo@arrl.net>,"WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble with COM2
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:16:01 +0000
I run 2s1p PCI NetMOS i/o cards assigned to com3 and 4 fine with WL using those ports- no problems of any kind. I recently had some DMA+IRQ conflicts (not WL-related) I had to work myself through and found the combination of the {My Computer - Control panel - System - Device manager - [device type] - [specific device] - resources} and the {start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Information - Hardware Resources - [specific device] - [advanced information]} VERY helpful. Those tools helped me find conflicts and resolve them.

I have never run across a WL i/o problem yet that was actually caused by WL. YMMV.

Jerry W4UK