Re: [WriteLog] Voice Keyer <-> Heil Headset

To: <writelog-bounces@contesting.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Voice Keyer <-> Heil Headset
From: "Dean M. St. Hill" <dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:41:31 -0400
  Hi Rick,

  I believe you should plan on running your heil directly to the computer.
If the computer is far away, you may want to wire in an appropriate
extension from your interface to the mic input of the soundcard.

  If you wire it up this way, then when the voice keyer is active, the mic
will be muted, and you can yell for food all you like, unless of course if
you want all of us to get some food for you, in which case just press the
footswitch and yell... and we'll all hear you on 20m.

  If you go to this link, the writelog authors provide a nice diagram, which
should be your starting point. http://www.writelog.com/support/wlso2r.pdf

  If you actually play around with everything with your soundcard control
program open, you'll see exactly how writelog manipulates and controls the
soundcard. Pure genius!!!

  73 and good luck.

  Dean -- 8P6SH