Re: [WriteLog] WIN2000 Question

To: Writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WIN2000 Question
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:10:51 +0000
JE Brown wrote:
> However, if I boot up with WIN2000, then start the KAM with "PACTERM for
> Windows" (a TNC program from KanTronics), then close the program, then start
> Writelog, the KAM will initialize just fine.  I can then close Writelog and
> reopen it as many times as I want and it will initialize the KAM.  However,
> if I shut down the PC or reboot for any reason, then I am back to no
> initialization.
> Jim   W4LC

I've got a couple of KAM+s also, but not in use now. If I remember
correctly, Pacterm sets the KAM into another mode from the original
state.

Which is why you're seeing WL OK after Pacterm runs. Guess the best
solution would be to leave the KAM in the Pacterm mode permanently,
and WL should do the rest.

73
Ed