[WriteLog] Re: Cheap USB to Serial port

To: "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <K4SV2@charter.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Cheap USB to Serial port
From: Bob Patten <n4bp@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:20:39 -0500
Dave Anderson, K4SV wrote:

Just bought a F5U103 off Ebay for $17.95, tried it on Windows XP Professional using updated driver from Belkin, no luck.

You may have gotten a dud. Could that possibly happen with E-bay?? I've tested mine on my desktop which runs XP Home and it works fine.

Found however a extention from MMTTY to use anternate ports such as Printer, Serial ports RTS/CTS all bit banged. Will try this in the next few days and report.

N1MM Logger also needs these drivers to utilize the ports with Windows XP. The easy one is "port95nt.exe". Since it's
an executable, it installs the drivers in one easy step. The other install (that the help file in N1MM lists) is a zip file and the drivers must be installed manually.
Have both plus updated drivers for the F5U103 both for Win 95/98 & XP if anyone wants them.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp@arrl.net                   Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871