Re: Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?

To: <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:03:27 -0600
No, as much as I hate this term: "My bad".

I keep forgetting about RTTY.

I see RTTY as so totally different, that I am not surprised that I have to
change lots of things when I go to that mode.

I did send a suggestion to Wayne earlier that perhaps contest-specific INI
files would be better to handle these types of things.

When you select what contest you want to run, it would load the INI file that
corresponds to that contest, and of course, when you do an SSB contest, you
just don't need to load the RTTY window.

Also, the positions and sizes of the windows are different for the different
contests too.  These things could be stored in the contest-specific INI files.

The regular Writelog.INI file that we all are familiar with would lose some of
it's power, but instead focus on those things that do not change for different
contests.  Things like what port my radios are connected to, what cluster I
connect to, etc. would remain there.

Oh, and there would need to be separate INI files for SSB & CW versions of each
contest - e.g.;

SSCW.INI
SSSSB.INI
etc.