Re: [WriteLog] 10.45M Question

To: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.45M Question
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:19:16 -0800
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:00:42 -0600, Larry L Lindblom wrote:

>But, I've seen a bad register edit totally hose window to the point of
>requiring a complete reinstall of everything.

Right, I wouldn't edit the Registry in this case, I'd just reinstall
WriteLog and let it overwrite the registry entries.  Or see below for an
even better answer.

>Reinstalling WriteLog is
>easy but a total reinstall of Windows and the Apps is a pain.  Add, even
>if you have a full system back up on disk or tape it can take forever to
>do a rebuild.

If it's taking you forever, you're doing it the hard way.  In my
computer I have two hard drives.  I use Norton Ghost *every day* to back
up my entire C drive to an image file on my D drive.  Takes 12 minutes
to do.  If I need to restore the complete drive from the image, that
also takes 12 minutes.  The beauty of an imaging program like Ghost is
you don't have to 'install' anything; just run the program and your HD
is back like it was, exactly and perfectly.  Can't be beat, IMO.  Also,
about once a week I create the image on CDs, just in case the 2nd HD
fails or the computer gets stolen, etc, etc.  Hasn't happened yet, but
one never knows...

--
73, Bill W6WRT