Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and 756ProII

To: Rick Stoneking <w2rds@arrl.net>, WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and 756ProII
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:09:53 +0000
Rick, et al

That is the way my 756 Pro II works. I think the issue is that the Icom reports the frequency of the active VFO. You can see this by just pressing the Main/Sub button and watch the frequecy being reported to Writelog change. Unless you use Writelog to go Split (and that is not the best way to go split on the Pro II) Writelog does not even know you are in Split. The Icom does not report this fact. As a DX chaser, I am always having to correct my log because it will have the wrong Tx or Rx frequency logged.

IMHO this is an Icom problem not anything that Writelog can control. The operator just has to make sure their log is correct.