RE: [Writelog] RE: fullcallsign.wav voice-keying

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Writelog] RE: fullcallsign.wav voice-keying
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:36:14 -0600
> Maybe one small improvement would be to allow Writelog
> to recognize three character callsign combinations -
> giving you <K6.wav> then <VVA.wav>.   That would
> allow people to record prefixes with numbers and suffixes,
> providing a much better audio flow.

While I agree with you 100%, having recorded combination
for all 3 letter suffixes would be a monumental task....
There are 17,576 three letter combinations.  If you do
only two letter combinations, then it's a measly 676
combinations.  Of course, throwing numbers into the
fray increases it again, but you could judiciously
choose those combinations to match known letter/number
prefixes.

Chad WE9V