[Writelog] RE: fullcallsign.wav voice-keying

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Writelog] RE: fullcallsign.wav voice-keying
From: "Jamie Dupree" <2004@jdupree.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:54:03 -0500
Chad -

You are very correct.  Recording the thousands of those 3-character
combinations would be large task indeed.  On the other hand, the
ability to record prefixes like KA3, KH6, KL7, etc might be worth it
in the long run.

As for another post about shift F-keys for extra .wav files - they could be
used for items like sounding out your own call, asking for fills on
prefixes, suffixes, power, and saying simple things like QSL and
CQ'ing.

I understand voice keying is not for everyone!

Jamie NS3T

Chad WE9V wrote ---

> Maybe one small improvement would be to allow Writelog
> to recognize three character callsign combinations -
> giving you <K6.wav> then <VVA.wav>.   That would
> allow people to record prefixes with numbers and suffixes,
> providing a much better audio flow.

While I agree with you 100%, having recorded combination
for all 3 letter suffixes would be a monumental task....
There are 17,576 three letter combinations.  If you do
only two letter combinations, then it's a measly 676
combinations.  Of course, throwing numbers into the
fray increases it again, but you could judiciously
choose those combinations to match known letter/number
prefixes.

Chad WE9V