Re: [WriteLog] Unpowered Serial Adapters

To: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Unpowered Serial Adapters
From: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:51:31 -0000
>From the Writelog help files:

WriteLog asserts RTS (pin 4) and DTR (pin 20) on the rig port unless you
have also configured the Port Setup to send CW and do rig control on the
same port, in which case the DTR/RTS lines are used to send CW.

This indicates that WL already does it's best, but if you want to use CW
keying then it goes "up & down".
and the interface won't work at this point. So you may want to check your
configuration if you can live with the limits.

73,

Ric KV1W