Re: Re: [WriteLog] 2nd rig control program with writelog

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [WriteLog] 2nd rig control program with writelog
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:19:55 -0500
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:47:09 -0400, Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) wrote:

>The question is can I do this (2 programs reading and writing 1 com port), or
>is there a plugin for writelog that allows incrased radio control.

N4PY says that his control program for TenTec and Elecraft radios will
do allow this. What it does is take control of the serial port, but
provide a virtual serial port that WriteLog (and other logging
programs) can address. One important gotcha -- as of a few weeks ago,
he says  his software will NOT allow WriteLog to send CW through the
virtual serial port.  N4PY's software is highly regarded among those
who have used it. It may work for other radios besides TenTec and the
K2. See his website.

Jim Brown K9YC (ex-W9NEC)