[WriteLog] RE: 1 pix > 1000 words

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: 1 pix > 1000 words
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:26:35 -0700
Jamie, NS3T wrote:

> I am all for efforts that would make WL voice keying
> less robotic and to find ways to protect my voice
> (which is my livelihood in radio news...)

I fully understand...I'm a former announcer/dj but also do voiceovers, etc.

> To that end, I sent the following proposal to the
> Writelog team earlier this year on voice keying.

Thank God...another person with Vision who understands the real-world need. But apparently, like my suggestions months ago, they appear to have gone down a "Black Hole".

I now use TR for CW, but the local Club uses WriteLog (Networked) for Field Day which, if it doesn't get enhanced, keeps us in the Dark Ages compared to what you obviously know *can* be an efficiency improvement.

FYI, K1EA said he would most likely implement these kinds of things shortly, but that doesn't solve the Club FD situation ;-( Or, what could be a more dramatic/increased use of WL by SSBers wanting to go-to-the-next-level in voice-keying.

> Flame suit now donned.

Welcome to my world, Jamie! But IMHO, if others can't understand substantial product improvement for the benefit of those who want to excel, that is *their* problem. We should charge Consulting Fees for "Innovative Solutions" :-) :-) :-) If people don't want FREE consulting, that is *their* problem.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall seeing something about certain combinations of letters in WL causing a problem with .wav files...like if "CQ" is contained within a fullcallsign.wav file, the desired results of what we are tying to have happen won't ... something else will take place... "by design". Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Tnx, OM!

73...

Rick, K6VVA