[WriteLog] RE: 1 pix > 1000 words

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: 1 pix > 1000 words
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:34:05 -0700
Al, KE1FO wrote:

> I think these innovations are great and should probably go foward but frankly,
> I'm never going to use all this fancy record every callsing in the world stuff.

I understand your concerns about recording "every callsign in the world", Al, but it is not really necessary.

As per a previous analysis I posted sometime ago, taking a logical approach to this...and a pooling/sharing of log entries by those interested can synthesize things down to a manageable size. It will never be 100% perfect, but it can be one heck-of-a-lot of an improvement over what can only be "marginal" use until some very minor programming changes are made.

If you didn't check out the hastily prepared demo before, click on:

http://www.k6vva.com

The link at the bottom goes to the "Hot Rod" version :-) Yes, in my haste, I left off the "Precedence" part of the exchange. It's close enough for Gov't work as a demo. I've had comments saying it is as much as 98% "natural" compared to Robot-City.

73...

Rick, K6VVA