[WriteLog] Problem with erratic cw

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with erratic cw
From: W4FMS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:21:02 -0400
Hi Guys...I'm a WL newbie and need some advice re erratic serial cw keying.
I just installed WL for the first time this weekend.  I'm using a USB to
Serial adapter and get erratic cw keying that's most noticable in long
strings when calling CQ using F1.  At the first everything seems fine but
the keying then suddenely speeds up mid-stream..maybe 60+ wpm that also
sounds choppy or erratic.

I'm using a 750Mhz P-3 with about 180M of RAM and XP Pro.   I've noted the
older choppy cw reflector posts regarding the LPT port but I'm using a
USB/Serial port.

Is this strickly a resource issue?  Other than WL, I'm not running another
other software nor is the computer networked.  It's basically a stand alone
that's doing nothing else but WL.  I've looked at the Task Manger and don't
see anything suspicious.

This must be a common problem....any ideas?

Thanks.

Frank, W4FMS