Re: [WriteLog] Problem with erratic cw

To: <W4FMS@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with erratic cw
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:46:07 -0000
Frank, this could come from several possibilities. 180 meg of
ram is a bit on the low side for XP. I was thinking 256 was
considered minimum. But, if WriteLog is all you are running,
this may not be it. Next, from what I've read, not all
USB/Serial adapters are not created equal. Evidently, some are
better at what we do then others. Don, AA5AU has a good resource
page on this subject at:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/usb.htm

Is there anyway you can attach the cw keying interface directly
to a comport on the pc? I'm using serial port cw keying via a
serial port on the motherboard, and it works fine. Plus, I have
a ByteRunner PCI serial, lpt card that works fine also. That
could be another option, if you have any open PCI slots on your
PC.

Best of luck...

73, Mike K9MI