[WriteLog] WriteLog W5XD keyer problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog W5XD keyer problem
From: "Art Searle W2NRA" <w2nra@birdsandbeacons.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:31:37 -0400
My WriteLog W5XD keyer was working perfectly.  It worked both PTT & QSK with
WriteLog 10.47E and it worked fine with DXBase 2005.  I had rig control and
keyer operation on separate com ports.  Then I had a harddrive failure.
I've installed a new harddrive and reinstalled all of my software.  The
keyer works fine with DXbase.  The keyer did work at initial setup but the
CW speed did not appear.  As soon as I hit pageup and/or pagedown the CW
speed appeared but the keyer froze up and will not work even with the
paddles.  Now it won't work at all in WriteLog and any attempt to use it
causes it to freeze up.  To get it to work I have to close WriteLog, cycle
the on/off switch of the keyer and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Art
W2NRA