Re: [WriteLog] Operating Systems and Specialized Software

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Operating Systems and Specialized Software
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:16:50 -0700
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:21:16 -0500, Jim Brown wrote:

>Perhaps you should know more about what you are criticizing.

I'm well aware of the issues regarding legacy software.  My point was
that XP is a better OS, not that your old software should work on it
without any problems.  There are companies and individuals still running
DOS, not because it is "better" but because they either can not or will
not update the old software.  The company I recently retired from still
runs component insertion machines with CP/M for Pete's sake.  Sometimes
you have no choice.

The original poster said his employees "hate" WinXP.  I would suggest
they focus their "hate" not on the OS, but on the old software which
will not run on XP.  But that's just my opinion.  Feel free to "hate"
whatever you like.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW