Re: [WriteLog] Help with FT-990 & WL setup

To: dl6jz@t-online.de
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Help with FT-990 & WL setup
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:38:17 -0400 (EDT)
   From: dl6jz@t-online.de
   Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:46:59 +0200 (CEST)

   Does the interface has an optocoupler for the PTT-Line. Then it will
   not work for FT-1000MP and may be for the FT-990 also.

   I made some experiments with my FT-1000MP with the result that the
   voltage over the closed PTT-switch must be lower than 0.5 Volt, so that
   the tcvr goes to transmit. And normal optocouplers has a voltage of 0.7
   Volt and more.

These are my thoughts also.  I've had good luck with what are sold as
"solid-state relays'" in the Mouser catalog, which are essentially
optocouplers with an FET output.  They have really low "on"
resistance, and pull the keyed line very low.

73, doug