Re: [WriteLog] Help with FT-990 & WL setup

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Help with FT-990 & WL setup
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:30:30 -0500
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:43:38 -0400, Barry  wrote:

>I never had good luck with optoisolators on my Yaesu gear.  I swapped
>then out for 2N2222 or equiv. transistors.  Simple circuit - 1Kohm
>resistor on base, emitter grounded, output from collector.

This is an inverter, and is exactly what I use for keying from WL via the
serial port. It
will invert the logic of whatever signal line you put it in, which may or may
not be
suitable for PTT or other control. If you want non-inverting logic, an equally
simple
emitter follower configuration might be more suitable.

Jim Brown  K9YC