Re: [WriteLog] CW questions

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW questions
From: "Chuck Fullgraf" <cfullgraf@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:51:15 -0400
I can understand how the good CW ops like the mode switch in TR, but it was
one of the frustrations that I had with TR.

Virtually all of my CW contesting is S&P. With TR, it would switch back to
CQ mode at the most inopportune times and I would then send the wrong
message. I was able to configure TR to minimize these guffaws, but could
never completely eliminate them.

I switched to WriteLog for other reasons, but found the lack of a mode
selection a pleasant surprise.

If a mode selection is added to WriteLog, I hope that either it can be
disabled completely, or the function key messages never change between
modes.

I kind of feel this all falls into the category of "what your used to."
There have been several other differences in operation between WriteLog and
TR that have taken me awhile to break the TR habit and establish the
WriteLog one.

Chuck, KE4OAR