[WriteLog] Silly questions and headaches

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Silly questions and headaches
From: "OE3ZK Gerhard" <oe3zk@aon.at>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:15:33 +0200
Hi there!

I'm a new user of WriteLog.

After sucessfully using TRLog and especially YPLog for SO2R contesting I'm
trying to do the same with WriteLog.

The logic is much different to the other programs so I'm getting strong
headaches in finding the  proper contest setup.

It took me some time and fiddling around to get a working SO2R setup for my
two radios (TS940S and TS870S) the Packet DXCluster TNC and the CW LPT
keying.

Now I'm really stuck in getting a proper CW QSO exchange for the RUN and
MULTI-Radio. i.e. when I set the contest parameters i.e. my zone 15 for the
cqwwcw, my zone is NOT sent in the RUN exchange only CALL and 5NN is sent.
Furthermore I cannot get the MULTI exchange working properly. I set the
A/B radios correctly to RUN and MULT. What I'm doing wrong or what I'm
ommiting?

Some changed settings are not saved when I exit the program i.e. "Enter
sends exch/QRZ" "This Window is RUN (A) Radio" or a changed FONT for the
Beam Heading setup does not hold after a new program start.

Pse help my headaches!

Gerhard, OE3ZK

P.S.: Finding out how to set the COMM Parameters for a TNC on COM1 and then
to write them directly in the writelog.INI file is not quite the state of
the art anymore....