Re: [WriteLog] Silly questions and headaches

To: oe3zk@aon.at
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Silly questions and headaches
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:20:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2004 9:16:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,  oe3zk@aon.at
writes:

Some  changed settings are not saved when I exit the program i.e. "Enter
sends  exch/QRZ" "This Window is RUN (A) Radio" or a changed FONT for the
Beam  Heading setup does not hold after a new program start.

Pse help my  headaches!

Gerhard, OE3ZK

P.S.: Finding out how to set the COMM  Parameters for a TNC on COM1 and then
to write them directly in the  writelog.INI file is not quite the state of
the art  anymore....

Gerhard,

Let me see if I can assist you.  I am in the office, and do not have  WL
available on a computer to look at, but let's see what I can suggest.

Now I'm really stuck in getting a proper CW QSO exchange for the RUN  and
MULTI-Radio. i.e. when I set the contest parameters i.e. my zone 15 for  the
cqwwcw, my zone is NOT sent in the RUN exchange only CALL and 5NN is  sent.
Furthermore I cannot get the MULTI exchange working properly. I set  the
A/B radios correctly to RUN and MULT. What I'm doing wrong or what  I'm
ommiting?

Your CW QSO exchange is NOT picked up from the CONTEST PARAMETERS.   You must
program CW exchange messages into the SETUP CW MESSAGES for F1, F2, F3,  etc.
 For example, for CQWW CW you would program:

F1  CQ TEST DE OE3ZK OE3ZK K
F2 5NN 15
F3 TU OE3ZK
F4 OE3ZK
F5 %C
etc.

If you are unsure of all the commands for programming the CW messages, read
the Help file.  It explains them all.

Some changed settings are not saved when I exit the program i.e.  "Enter
sends exch/QRZ" "This Window is RUN (A) Radio" or a changed FONT for  the
Beam Heading setup does not hold after a new program  start.

You must do two things to save all WL settings:
1.)  SETUP CONFIGURATION - SAVE CONFIGURATION - This will save the  Band Map,
Packet Window and other settings (which ones I do not know)  to  boot up when
you reboot WL.
2.)  FILE SAVE - This will save other parameters in W, but exactly  which
ones, I am not sure.  But it is a necessary step when you close  WL.

P.S.: Finding out how to set the COMM Parameters for a TNC on COM1 and  then
to write them directly in the writelog.INI file is not quite the state  of
the art anymore....

When you set paraemeters in WL, they are saved automatically in
writelog.ini.  You will NOT have to go into writelog.ini to save any  settings.

As a matter of convenience, I keep a shortcut to writelog.ini on my  desktop.
 It makes it handy to quickly take a look at writelog.ini if I  have any
questions about its contents.

If you have not checked the K9JY website for WL information, please so  do.
It is a wonderful source of WL info.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

73, George, K5KG