Re: [WriteLog] Re: interface Orion with Writelog

To: SteveBaron@StarLinX.com ("Steve Baron - KB3MM")
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: interface Orion with Writelog
From: WB3LGC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:20:46 -0400
that is why MicroHAM adds this information for the Orion:

If you plan to use the interface with N4PY software, the TenTec GUI, or
firmware updates to the radio then order the USB <--> RS232 model with full
handshaking lines (RTS, CTS, etc.).  Note that this does not provide the PTT or
CW keying capabilities needed for some contest software.

If you plan to use contest software that provides a CW keying
output, but you do not need to use the TenTec GUI or do firmware updates, then
order the DB9-T interface, which provides cables for PTT and CW keying output
as well as footswitch PTT input.  Note that it cannot be used for the TenTec
GUI or firmware updates, which require that RTS/CTS be wired to the DB-9
connector.

Information (use of RTS/CTS)is also in the software programmers manual for the
Orion.  See rfsquared.com
73, Steve