Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??
From: "M. Edward Wilborne III" <wilborne@mew3.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:51:22 -0400
This is an interesting topic :)

I just do CTRL-S after every QSO... Enter CTRL S for each QSO is my current
procedure.  Perhaps that "F-Keys" application could be set up to send enter
and then ctrl-s???

I guess I wonder why WriteLog doesn't do a save on every QSO entry anyway?
Is there some kind of performance hit?  I haven't noticed any issues on the
laptop I use by following this procedure.

Assuming there is a "performance hit" or other issues where you shouldn't be
saving after every QSO why not model it like other applications that that
implement a "timed save" feature?  It seems to me that WriteLog could auto
CTRL-S after every 20 QSOs (as a user settable option, of course) or every
60 seconds, etc.

Ed