Re: [WriteLog] Bands for CQP

To: garry@ni6t.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Bands for CQP
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:38:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2004 3:12:44 PM Mountain Standard Time,
garry@ni6t.com writes:

That's  the point, George--WL does not do that in this mixed-mode contest. I
tried  subbands with and without overlap or intersection. e.g. 3500-3750  CW,
3750-4000 LSB. I could go from 3505 to 3795 OK--and it would change  from CW
to LSB--but I could not go the other way, on any band, or between  bands.

Garry,

Well, I see what you mean.  I just tried it on both 15 and 20  meters.  If I
enter 14300 on the log line, the radio will switch from cw to  ssb on 14300.
If I then enter 14025 on the log line the radio  switches to ssb on 14025 [and
fails to switch back to cw].  Wow.  I  never noticed this before.  [My radio
is the Ic 756Pro2]

I also tested this with my daily WL log file, which uses the DXPEDITION  MODE
contest module.  I get the same results, which tells me that the  problem is
not associated with the CQP contest module.

I wonder if this has been reported to Wayne as a bug...or if it has been
discussed on this WL reflector?

73, Geo...