Re: [WriteLog] CW Keying

To: Robert Carroll <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Keying
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:14:53 -0400
I think these are teh settings you are looking for:

Under rig control "comm PTT" = NO

CW on same port as radio

Checked "All mode PTT on CW port RTS"

"PC generates" under CW keyer type

Finally choose between PTT & QSK in the "CW PTT ..." button
Choose 1st selection "none (e.g. QSK)
Choose 3rd selection "On LPT pin16/COMM RTS" for PTT

73,
Art
W2NRA

I am trying to get Writelog running on cw but have run into a problem-as
soon as I start Writelog the transceiver (FT1000MP) keys. Prior to today I
had used Writelog exclusively on RTTY and had wired a hardware PTT using a
4N33 optoisolator. The interface works because when I run MTTY in
standalone mode it controls PTT properly. I am taking PTT and the cw keying
off a spare comport. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

Bob W2WG