[WriteLog] WL 10.50D and Makrothen

To: "WriteLog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL 10.50D and Makrothen
From: dj3iw@t-online.de (DJ3IW Goetz)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:40:03 -0000
Hi,

I would like to bring the following observations to the attention
of the Makrothen RTTY contest module programmer(s).
I was running WL 10.50D under WinXP Home (no SP), RTTYRITE primary
with SCS PTC-II, RTTYRITE clone with MMTTY, one bandmap, packet window
connected to a telnet DX-cluster. Rig Control with FT1000MP.

1) As reported several times, callsign highlighting in the primary
Rttyrite window did not work properly. Only after closing and reopening
the Rttyrite window some highlighting occured. There were still many
calls with good print that did not get highlighted.
2) DX-spots were shown in the bandmap, but ALL with the "new station"
colour. Only calls logged were shown as "worked". Dupes did NOT recieve
the respective colour.
3) Clicking on spots in the bandmap sent the FT1000MP into CW mode.
4) The scoring has two deficiencies: The rule change for a multiplier
of 2 for 80m contacts and 1.5 for 40m contacts is not implemented.
Further, the "Band Summary" window is rather useless. It shows only the
number of QSOs per band and a -wrong- total summary. Next to the QSO number
the ammount of accumulated points per band should be displayed, taking
into account the 80/40m multipliers.
5) The report created by "Create Summary Sheet" has the same shortcomings.

73 de Goetz
dj3iw@t-online.de