RE: [WriteLog] Follow up on changing mode

To: Phil Cooper <pcooper@guernsey.net>,Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Follow up on changing mode
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:42:51 -0400
   It is generally risky practice to overwrite WriteLog.ini.  Some entries in
the .ini file point to various bits of software that
may not be properly configured in this scenario.  WriteLog may exit with an
error message when it is started as a result.

   The likelihood of problems increases if one is copying a .ini file created
on a different computer.

   The likelihood of problems is reduced if one is copying a .ini file created
earlier on the same machine, with the same port
configurations (radio, internet, etc), keyer, etc. and no changes to the
directory structure for WriteLog files.

   This is not to say that it can't be done successfully.  A trained eye can
examine a .ini file and remove entries which will cause
problems after copying.  Some trial and error will identify entries likely to
cause trouble.

73,
   -- Eric K3NA