RE: [WriteLog] Cut numbers

To: "ak0a" <ak0a@kc.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Cut numbers
From: "Don Melcher" <don@hfradio.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:37:23 -0700
Actually - I doubt they say that either. It probably says a signal report
(depending on which contest you are talking about) as (part of) the exchange
and sending 5NN for 599 is a VERY common and accepted practice. Unless it
specifically says cut numbers are NOT allowed, then it is not contrary to
any "rules".

In the contest I was concerned with (Sweepstakes) the exchange isn't a
report, but a serial number, precedence, check and section - and again - the
use of "cut" numbers is a common and accepted shorthand method of sending
numbers.

73

CU in the pile-up

Don