Re: [WriteLog] Soundcard worse after upgrade to XP

To: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <chad@motorola.com>,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Soundcard worse after upgrade to XP
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:35:36 +0000
Chad,

This may not be of much help but -

I remember that I took out my Sound Blaster PCI 128 because it had an issue with common controls between the record and playback side so that Writelog could not independantly control the card's internal mixer (mic and aux) properly. I replaced it with a second 16 PCI which works fine under Win XP and SP2.

I see I summarized the problem back in Feb 2001 as -

"The PCI128 really is less sensitive than the PCI16. I could not record my
voice wave files with adequate volume and due to having only one mixer,
everything you do on the input side effects the output also."

Jerry, W6IHG