[WriteLog] A couple of probs working split

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] A couple of probs working split
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:11:48 EST
Greetings all,

While working split I had two problems.

1. Clicking on a station in our (USA) CW sub-band, nothing happens. I guess I
have something set wrong, but I can't figure out what. Is there some way to
"fix" this?

2. Occasionally I'd type in the split freq and as soon as I transmitted the
frequencies would reverse - i.e. I'd suddenly be transmitting in the CW
sub-band and listening in the SSB portion of the band (only saw this on 40
meters).
Pressing the A/B button on the radio (IC-765) would correct the problem, and
everything would be FB for several QSOs and then it would happen again. I
believe I was initially on VFO A while receiving, but can't be positive that
this
was the case every time this happened. This is BAD --- However, after the
second
time I watched the rig every time I transmitted and caught it before putting
out my full call.
Any idea why this is happening and how to avoid it?

TIA es 73,
Don - K4BEV