[WriteLog] Single key bandmap add

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Single key bandmap add
From: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:56:11 +0000
I ditched RCKLog in favor of WriteLog and operated in the ARRL Sweepstakes CW this past weekend. I find the CW generation much more stable in WriteLog and the overall performance to be a huge improvement. A few questions though:

1) Is there a better way to add a call to the band map with a single keystroke. I found myself right clicking the entry window to do this. Then I'd have to do an Alt-W to clear the entry. This got old real quick. Is there a single keystroke for this? I didn't see it in the docs.

2) When I was entering Q's in the window, I'd start with the call. Then I'd hit the space bar to move between fields as I enter the data. I like this. However, I found that if I clicked on another field, or forget to do an Alt-W to clear a blown Q the tab order would get confused. This resulted in having to ask for fills. Not cool.

Overall, I like the program. The only thing that would be nice to have is an additional docking window that has a clock that displays local and UTC time in nice bold characters.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Guy Molinari, N7ZG
guy_molinari@hotmail.com