[WriteLog] XP & LPT working now

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] XP & LPT working now
From: "Steve L." <n4sl@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:01:29 -0800 (PST)
I whined earlier about none of the XP LPT drivers
working on my notebook machine, but by adding the line
"CW_ON_PIN1=1" to the writelog.ini, the interface
works with the DirectIO driver (not freeware, but it
works).

Wierd, because I don't think the HW is using pin 1
(and I built it), but maybe it is.

SO, for reference, the DirectIO driver is the only one
that worked on my HP Pavilion notebook PC under XP.
The other drivers crashed the machine over and over.

Writelog kicked ass as usual in the CW SS this
weekend, leading me to my personal best of 1,052 QSOs
and a clean sweep with nary a hickup.

73, Steve N4SL