[WriteLog] LPT Port CW with WriteLog and WINXP

To: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>,"Mike Heideman" <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>,"Bill Gillenwater" <k3sv@direcway.com>,"Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>,"Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>,"AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>,"Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>,"Stan Staten" <stan.staten@comcast.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Port CW with WriteLog and WINXP
From: "OE3ZK Gerhard" <oe3zk@aon.at>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:41:25 +0100
Dear Ham Friends

First of all thank you so much for all the suggestions to get my LPT Port
working with WriteLog/XP.

I followed every hint carefully. The result is that WriteLog LPT keying  is
working on my office XP SP2 PC but still not working on my Radio PC (also XP
SP2)....

The difference between these two PC's is that my office PC uses a Intel Pentium
processor and Intel Chipset on a ASUS Mainboard. My Radio PC uses a AMD
AthlonXP3200 with a Nvidia chipset on a Gigabyte Mainboard...

Another contest software namely YPLOG works fine on both PC's with LPT Port CW
keying but it uses the DLPortio LPT driver for XP.

So I'm forced to switch back to WIN98SE on my radio PC to have WriteLog with a
functional LPT port keying..

Thanks again

Gerhard, OE3ZK