[WriteLog] RE: Trimming Audio Files & Spacers

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Trimming Audio Files & Spacers
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:50:16 -0800
I've just discovered a new glitch in all this stuff.

Having put off far too long the install & testing of an outboard Vox-triggered audio card device, the way the thing works is contrary to how I just edited/trimmed files played directly off the computer speakers (like, real tight beginnings for ASAP send when the F key is pushed).

The #&^! device has more ms delay in the initial triggering of the audio/.wav files, which is now cutting off part of each letter and that part can not be adjusted. I've tweaked & tweaked with the other available controls, but a total re-do of what I did have done is necessary. If I can't get it done before SS with everything else going on here, look for the chopped-off audio signals on the band(s) ..."that would be me" ;-( ;-( ;-(

I hate it when stuff like this happens. But hopefully this will help anyone contemplating new equipment to be added into your system at some point.

73...

Rick, K6VVA