[WriteLog] RE: Auto CQ

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Auto CQ
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:14:19 -0800
Several nice folks have offered direct reply suggestions:

1.
===
Menu for Auto CQ from WL main menu is:

Entry
Timed CQ
(put in a time and check the auto box)
===

2.
===
If it works the same way as RTTY you have to set the time LONGER than it
takes to send the message. If your wav file is say 5 seconds long, then
set the time for 7 seconds. Then it will send the CQ, wait 2 seconds and
start again. At least that is the way it works in the RTTY mode.
===

3.
===
The time you set is not the time between CQ's--it is the time between
STARTS. So you just had time for one CQ. Increase it to 5 to 10 seconds and
see what you get. Duhhh.
===

I've done everything...still no dice. I use the Auto-CQ in TR all the time...a piece of cake.

Is it possible there is *something* that needs to go into the .ini file here or some other switch to throw somewhere??? I'm re-posting in case some other poor soul is pulling their hair out with this one too but afraid to ask.

Tnx much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA