RE: [WriteLog] CW keying w/Mark V Field - solution

To: Kelly Jones <kjones@sullivan1.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW keying w/Mark V Field - solution
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:28:13 +0000
Kelly,

Writelog DOES correctly command PTT ON and PTT OFF. It is a Yaesu problem.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 02:24 PM 11/26/2004 -0700, Kelly Jones wrote:
Guys,

I don't know if this is the correct fix, but seems to work for now...

Based on several recommendations to use VOX I started looking around at the various VOX settings. Menu 7-5 is the keyer VOX delay. By default it was set to 0.00. I increased this to 35 and it seems to keep the radio keyed for the entire message.

I still would have thought WL would have kept the PTT lines keyed for the entire Fkey message, but perhaps it really doesn't. By increasing the keyer delay, the rig now stays keyed which is what I was after.

This will be my first contest with WL thanks to a borrowed laptop. I'll see how I like it!

73
Kelly - N0VD