[WriteLog] Re: Serial Numbers in Multi Operations

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Serial Numbers in Multi Operations
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:07:13 EST
In a message dated 11/25/2004 10:31:04 PM Central Standard Time, Aldewey
writes:

> I know this has probably been discussed before but I just wanted to see if
> there is a simple answer.
>
> In our Multi-Single SS Operation, we were running two networked stations.
> If we started to enter a Q in the entry window on Station #1, a Serial Number
> was automatically assigned.  If the op on Station #2 starts to enter a Q at
> the same time, the same serial number is assigned. Once these numbers are
> assigned, there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.  If the Qs are both
> completed, they both go in the log with the same QSO Number.  Does anyone
> know a
> simple way around this dielemma?
>
> TR seems to handle this a little better.  In the scenario described above,
> the same Serial Number is initially assigned (just like WL).  However, once
> someone enters the first Q, the serial number of the second radio is
> incremented automatically.  It does take some coordination between the two
> ops to make
> sure who has which number, but TR does make sure that duplicate serial
> numbers do not go into the log.
>
> Any suggestions on how to accomplish this with WL?
>
> 73,
>
> Al, K0AD

Before reverting back to TR for Multi-Op contests with Serial Numbers (i.e
SS, WPX, etc), I just wondered if anyone could point me to a solution to this
problem  when using Writelog.  I didn't get any response to my original post.

73,

Al, K0AD