[WriteLog] interface problem

To: "WriteLog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] interface problem
From: "Rudy Severns" <rudys@ordata.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:22:59 -0800
Help!

I have what appears to be an interface problem with WriteLog 10.42.

I have been using WriteLog for logging and keying the transmitter with
memory messages.  I have not used it for rig control.  I simply ran
the DTR line from the serial port into the base of a transistor and
used that to key the rig.  My operating system was Windows NT and this
all worked fine.

Recently I changed the operating system to Windows 2K and reloaded
WriteLog.  Now there is no way I can get the computer to key the
transmitter with the memory messages.  Very frustrating considering
that I want to use it for the ARRL 160 contest tomorrow night!  I have
not made any hardware changes.

I have noticed one thing.  In the port setup window, if I check either
CW or rig on the line associated with COM2 and press enter, the
transmitter is keyed continuously.  I have to go back into the port
setup window and uncheck the setting before I can stop it.

Any suggestions?  Panic is rising here!

73, Rudy Severns N6LF rudys@ordata.com