[WriteLog] CW/PTT interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW/PTT interfacing
From: "Robert Carroll " <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:54:02 -0500
Having just had a failure of two mirrored disks in a Dell 8400, I have had
to start over on another machine while waiting for the "Dell 24/7 in home"
service to set up an appointment.  Meanwhile I am trying to get into limp
along mode on an old 8100 and need some reminders to clear out the cobwebs.
I use a serial port, for now COM5 for cw keying and PTT.  I am pretty sure I
used the CommSlot routine to set a port above 4 and had that slot set to "no
rig" in port setup and the cw dot set for that port, and somewhere or
another PTT on cw port set.

But as I read the text below it says the CommSlot routine is used ONLY for
RIG interfacing-which would seem to exclude using it to set a serial port
for cw.

Can someone remind me of the correct way to set cw and PTT to be on the same
serial port and which in this case happens to be COM 5?

Thanks

Bob W2WG

The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by the RTTY
window. There are separate COMn: settings in the [RIGS] section used only
for rigs.

COM1:=9800,n,8,1,

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for packet

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
as high as is supported.

CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8