[WriteLog] Re: Band change timer function

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Band change timer function
From: Ron Lodewyck <RLodewyck@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:13:13 +0000
We have a very similar M/S setup at NN6NN and have encountered the same difficulty with the band change counter. I believe you can get the band change counter to work correctly if you specify every computer as the "Run" computer. I haven't had time to test this in a contest yet, but SEEMS to work ok so far.

IMHO there should be a single counter - not an A counter and a B counter. All the log checkers are looking at is the number of times the band changes IN THE LOG during any clock hour. It is irrelevant how many band changes the A station has made and how many changes the B station has made. For example, if the A station stays on 20M and the B station stays on 40M but they alternate making Q's, the counters will each register ZERO but after just three such band excursions the rule says NO MORE! I believe Writelog should be checking for band changes as they enter the log, not by A or B designation, but simply in toto.

73 and GL!
Ron N6EE
aka NN6NN
aka VP5NN