AW: [WriteLog] 2 sound cards not working

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] 2 sound cards not working
From: dl6jz@t-online.de (Wolf, DL6JZ)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:47:33 -0000
Hello Steve,

some times ago I built up two computers with different motherboards. Both
motherboards had AC97-soundsystem onboard and oth should work with two
soundcards under Win2000.

- For the first motherboard it was o.k. to pull in a PCI-soundcard and both
were working fine after installing the additional driver.

- For the second motherboard there was absolutely no chance to let the
onboard soundsystem work together with an additional card. NO CHANCE!! My
solution was quite simple. I disabled the AC97-onboard system in the BIOS
and used two PCI-soundcards. That worked fine again.

So I am sure that this is not a problem of you rO/S but of the chipset and
the BIOS of yout motherboard.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ