RE: [WriteLog] FOC Marathon Module

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] FOC Marathon Module
From: "G3SJJ" <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:00:57 -0000
Charlie, Steve's module is correct and doesn't need any modification. RST
and membership number are all that is required in the exchange and all that
need to be logged. I used it last year and it worked perfectly.

Over the years it has become customary to include the name of the person
being worked when you make contact, (eg if I was working you I might send
KI5XP Charlie 599 1417) but this is not obligatory and indeed some of the
more competitive members do not. It is therefore not necessary and indeed a
waste of time to actually record the name in your log.

An FOC master database has been created and provides a useful reminder if
you wish to include the name when sending the exchange. I suspect I have
tried to explain all this to your friend, obviously without success!

Chris G3SJJ