[WriteLog] Radio Shack USB - Serial port adapters..Ft1k MK5 Mfj RTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Radio Shack USB - Serial port adapters..Ft1k MK5 Mfj RTTY
From: PPCROSS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:52:19 EST
I had success with the Radio shack adapters for my PC with Windows XP ..  the
adapters ran from my computer's USB ports to my rig control and mfj
soundcard serial ports .. my Belkin ones did not work . The Radio Shack unit
drivers
are on a A drive floppy disk .. if your computer has no A drive  ..  you can
email me for the drivers .. _ppcross@aol.com_ (mailto:ppcross@aol.com)  .. away
til Mar 23 . The units  cost $40  . To get the CW to run from LPT1 I used the
Userport program that  Writelog refers to in his info he sends when you
purchase the program . It took  me about six hours of fiddlin' with the
computer
and so on to get things workin'  on CW and RTTY .. Ain't it fun !!!