RE: [WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP

To: "'Wayne'" <wa1pma@direcway.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP
From: "Jim Dunbar" <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:16:32 -0600
FYI,

I use a Super Combo Keyer II for SO2R. It has a nice built in CW and Voice
Keyer built in. I use this box with WriteLog and have an LPT cable between
the SCK II and the Computer running Windows 2K.

Bernie, ZS4TX, who built the SCK II has sent me an LPT1 Initialization
routine. It is an executable file that initializes my LPT1 before using
Writelog with the SCK II.

It really works good in that the LPT 1 port does not end up in an unusual
state during power up of the computer or the SCK II when getting ready to
start Writelog or perform other operations.

This LPT1 initialization routine may be helpful to anyone using the LPT1
port since there seems to be so much chatter about LPT 1 problems with the
various configurations of Writelog, and other contest programs.

So, in addition to having the proper Windows 2K drivers for using the LPT1
port for cw, this lpt1 initialization routine really helps as well.

Thanks,

Jim
K4PV