Re: [WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:09:53 +0000

Since so many seem to be having problems with the LPT port on CW, I
believe the assessment made that it is not a problem with WL, but
rather a unique setup is probably accurate.

As such, I would think the first step is to check out the LPT port
using a "loopback" plug. If after installing userport, or some other
program, you are not able to get the
loopback program to work, ( and note we haven't even called writelog
at this point ) it would then be a matter of concentrating on that
area.

I have "loopback" plugs for DB9s, DB25s, and the LPT port. Think I
bought them at
http://www.tigerdirect.com    Cost was only 2 or 3 $ each.

I also have a program called PCOM. It will check out over 100 serial
ports and all LPT ports to determine if the port(s) is functioning
properly. Downloaded it from some
WEB site several years ago, but God only knows where. If someone with
a Web site would like to post it, I will gladly send them a copy.

73
Ed